Java Engineer looking for a project to contribute to (free)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by MarcinS, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MarcinS

MarcinS New Member

I love working on games, I've contributed to open source projects in the past and created some of my own too. I'm currently looking for some cool game I could contribute some time into, just for fun - no payment required.

I'm based in San Jose, California, but that shouldn't be an issue, since I can contribute remotely. If you are anywhere near, I can come and visit your studio sometime.

Here is some information about me on LinkedIn:
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinsciesinski

I have huge amounts of experience in designing software architecture, programming logic, performance tuning and multi-threaded processing. I have been also exposed to OpenGL (LibGDX).

If you have an interesting project you are serious about and need some help with, drop me a message with a link or something.

2. KeithStone

KeithStone New Member

3. MarcinS

MarcinS New Member

I'm afraid I don't want to have anything to do with Minecraft modding in its current form.

I've tried to get involved with it in the past, but the horrible architecture of it (or rather lack of) together with the hacks that the modding community has to go through, has repelled me enough to get involved with alternative projects. For example take a look at Terasology - open source project I'm involved with: http://terasology.org

I also am not sure if I would be able to commit to your project - as I said I'm already involved with other projects.

4. KeithStone

KeithStone New Member

I think you might be misunderstanding what I do, I have nothing to do with "modding" Minecraft at least not modding the actual client if that's what you meant.

Also, how long has it been since you have been involved with Minecraft? With the development of spigot and the upcoming sponge api's, it's nothing like it used to be.

There's an extensive API with Spigot, that's what I'm using for my server along with the ability to custom code anything really (even with or without using the spigot api).

however, thanks for getting back to me.

5. IntlStudios

IntlStudios New Member

Hello, MarcinS, I'm the CEO of a development studio, and we are looking for developers like yourself. If you would like more information on our current project, please feel free to either email me at amor.joey123@gmail.com or add me on skype at amojoey14. We'd love to work with you!

6. Mrock004

Mrock004 New Member

7. SimonKhan

SimonKhan New Member

Well, if am not too late to join the party I might have something for you. Am a Java programmer myself both in my professional life and as a hobby and right now am working on Rift In the Prophecy. Its a tactical Mmo Rpg build on JMonkey engine (a Java open source game engine).

You can find your thread here: https://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/t/project-rift-in-the-prophecy-tactical-mmorpg/32134

Right now we have multiple fields that need someone to work on, and being the only programmer make things move too slowly. Am on everything but am more than ready to give you full authority over a field of your choice.

Right now we need to work on:

- The editor, to allow your game designer to quickly test in game modification. The map editor is pretty much done too.

- The networking. I build it old fashion whit packets when I started, Strings and regex and this need to be changed. Am right now evaluating both Kryo and Netty, but am open to suggestions. The change should not be too long to refactor, but Netty seems a bit hard for me.

- The combat/IA as lots a stuff still not done, like the consideration of heights and range (check if you can hit or not a target). Then some IA scripting could be done.

Probably more stuff too, like the launcher and the social interaction, and am always working on new stuffs. Tons of fun, tons of things to learn, and JME is a pretty nice community.

Just send me a mail at JavaKhanStudio@Gmail.com if this seems like what you were looking for!

8. SkyBoyFly

SkyBoyFly New Member

9. anthgraham

anthgraham New Member

Hello I am working on a new scifi game that needs a developer. I would love to talk to you soon about the project. you can email me at
    anthgraham@gmail.com

Thanks

10. wipe918

wipe918 New Member

Hi. Is this still up?