[Java][2D] Tinkering/Invention/Engineering Game

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by WerWolv, Jan 27, 2016.

1. WerWolv

WerWolv New Member

Hi

My name is Nik. I'm an engineering student from switzerland.
    I started developing a 2D game in Java lately. It's all about tinkering around, invent new gizmos and construct them.

My plan is to make an entire game in which you can explore a 2D world in the same style as in 'Steamworld Dig' for example. You can mine around but you can also climb on trees, explore the sky or swim through the ocean.
    The problem is, you can't do everything from the beginning. You have to invent certain items in order to get over obstacles or have to create a lantern first for example to see in the caves and so on.

So it will have two big main parts:
    -Discover the world and collect stuff
    -Do research and invent new helpfull gear

I'm always open for ideas and suggestions. This is not the final concept!

I'm a fairly talented Java programmer but I need an artist to draw many of the interface, item or environment textures. Please tell me if you are interested!

Thank you in advance! :)

#1 WerWolv, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016