It's Casual Connect 2011 Indie Meetup Time!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by terin, May 23, 2011.

1. terin

Original Member

Ok Folks, I decided announcements over Indie Life, mods may want to move it- but announcements gets more reads!

I'll be at CC representing Arcadetown as well as my personal clients Amaranth Games, Muse Games, and possibly a few others. This is your golden opportunity to meet me LIVE and in person. Possibly dead and in person, depending on how tired I am when you meet me.

More important, I think it's time for a general indie meetup at CC one night. I have arbitrarily picked "After the show on July 20th" - though someone has to figure out a good place to go.

Nothing unusual, I figure we just do the standard indie dinner lodged somewhere between classy and affordable and within walking distance of the event. So I want this thread to cover who's going to CC, who wants to do a dinner event, and please post what kinds of people you want to do any private meetings with (then those types can send PMs to you or whatever).

I'll be focusing on meeting with anyone and everyone, so anyone is fair game.

If you're cool enough, I may even talk to you representing multiple people at once, who will then fight over your attention and inevitably send myself into a schizophrenic existential attack!

If there is enough interest I will handle getting reservations and coordinating the event- but PLEASE post dining suggestions.

2. Musenik

Original Member

I'm gonna miss you, peoples! Can't justify it, as casual connect attendees are moving away from downloadables. The one's who aren't I can contact directly. Still would love to keep up with all that's happening in casual lands. Maybe next year...

3. terin

Original Member

I figure 2 months is enough time for me to actually organize the 5 people that will attend :p I shall miss you Keith!

4. iGame Omaha

Original Member

I will be at CC as well the entire time, and would love to attend a dinner event. Also, I live in the area, so if help is needed in determining dining choices, I'd be happy to help.

I'll be meeting up with folks who are working on or have already published games for Mac, iPhone/iPod Touch, and/or iPad, so don't hesitate to pop me a PM about it. Also, if you do contract work for the industry in the Indie/casual scene, I'd love to chat with you as well (game music composition, art, etc).

And Joe, I would definitely love to get together with you to hook up with your clients.

5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I'll come to the meal (but don't have any venue suggestions)! I'm on a panel at CC about being indie. It's ironic that during the 2 years I worked at BFG they never sent me to Casual Connect (despite me asking) and now I'm going as an indie. Ha! I'm also going to the Flash Gaming Summit on the 18th.

6. Cartman

Indie Author

I'm still up in the air about going to the con but I can definately make dinner.

7. TimS

Original Member

I'll be there despite the entire conference shifting away from downloadables. Go ahead, show me your facePad MMO. I dare you.

I'm up for the gathering also.

8. joulimousis

joulimousis New Member

I'll be there too. And I think is great that Terin is going to invite dinner to all of us. Thanks!

9. terin

Original Member

I first misread that as BUY dinner for all us. Yes, you're all invited... still waiting on some restaurant suggestions.

10. TimS

Original Member

I don't have any suggestions about where to go, as I don't know the area very well... but maybe NOT where we went last time? Elliot's I think it was. The food was great, but I'm not sure I can afford it. :)

11. terin

Original Member

At this rate we'll all end up at Jimmy John's :D

-Joe

12. Cartman

Indie Author

McCormick and Schmidts has always worked for the size crowd we usually have, however people have complained about the cost. Perhaps Red Robin down at the pier would be better. Longer walk and we may have to wait, but it would be cheaper. Let me know if I can help Joseph.

13. terin

Original Member

But I really love JJs. Who organized the last one? Was I there? LOL

I feel bad if I hijacked someone else's thing now: I didn't think we had an indie meetup at CC and felt it would be a cool thing to do :D

-Joe

(I hosted a smaller private gathering last year consisting of Amaranth Games, Spiderweb Software, and Ninjabee Studios. It was like taking 3 groups with completely different philosophies, all successful, and making them fight over expensive Asian food! A total blast...)

14. terin

Original Member

Red Robin is winning this race at the moment. Doesn't anyone have a better, local, idea? :D

-Joe

15. BrutoMemo

Original Member

+1 here
    Did I read somewhere that first round is on terin's? ;)

16. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Do you think you can get Amaranth, Spiderweb and Ninjabee to come along again? I can do some hero worship then.

17. terin

Original Member

Spiderweb is local so possibly. Amanda from Amaranth just moved to CA so I dunno if she's up for returning to her hometown so soon, she's thinking about it. Haven't talked to the Ninjabee guys, but there's a good chance.

-Joe