Featured Is it bad that my indie game is based off my teachers car crash?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by QuickShockGames, Jun 7, 2018.

?
  1. Of course she was hurt so yes

50.0%
  2. Inspiration is inspiration so no

50.0%
  1. QuickShockGames

QuickShockGames New Member

Hi,
    I am a very young Indie Developer making games since I was 12 years old (I have a wild mind)
    I recently developed my fourth game Drifty Ride on the play store now and a lot of people ask me how I came up with it.
    g7304.png

I simply tell them one of the teachers in my school that constantly gives me 50-60% marks had a car accident and hurt her legs so, I made a game about avoiding cars like she should have done.

People say wow that's kind of cold but at the same time she's pretty mean and it was simply an inspiration. I told her about the game and even for an old lady she liked it.

I would like some feedback and exposure so I thought I could post my little story here.

If you would like to play it here is the link
    Play Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuickShockGames.DriftyRide

2. joyce_mor

joyce_mor New Member

I guess it's not a good inspiration, maybe you said that out of frustration considering the poor grade that she gave you way back then. It will be better if you just said that you made this game to create an awareness.

3. AJ Eaves

AJ Eaves New Member

Is the game making fun of your teacher in a clear way?
    Not at all!
    It's a game about cars, so its not like the car crash itself plays a big part, it was just the car crash the lead to you thinking of making the game!
    It is not bad at all.