iOS/Android : foreign bank account?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by NicolasGB, Dec 15, 2011.

1. NicolasGB

NicolasGB New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am about to incorporate a company in France to develop iOS and Android games. Does anyone know if a local bank account will be enough to receive payments from Apple and the various Android payment providers (who are they btw?), or if I will also need a bank account elsewhere, for instance in the US?

Thanks!
    Nicolas

2. jcottier

jcottier New Member

I am doing 99% of my business with foreign company (I'm french living in France) and I never had any problem getting paid. You just need to provide your IBAN account and sometimes have to fill a W8BEN (for U.S based companies). My advice is to open a U.S. dollars account in your local bank. That way, you'll paid less fees from your bank. Before, for each payment, my bank was taking 20 euros fees for each international payment and 16 euros fees for euros conversions. That is just insane (yes banks are evils). Now, I still pay the 20 euros fee per transfer but only convert them back to euro when I need the money and that the change rate is good.

JC

3. NicolasGB

NicolasGB New Member

Thanks a ton JC! This is good advice.
    20€ per transfer are when you are getting paid, or when you are paying somebody? or both?

4. jcottier

jcottier New Member

When I get paid, I can't remember how much it cost to transfer abroad. Anyway, you should ask your bank how much it will cost you. I should change my bank too, they are way to expensive.

JC

5. Chris England

Chris England New Member

I can only speak for the UK but about £20 per transfer is pretty standard for international payments in my experience.

6. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Yep, those couple of cpu cycles to do a multiply sure don't come cheap.

7. frozax

Indie Author

I'm in France too, and I also saw those €20+€20 taxes when receiving dollars payments. I checked with three different banks and it was always that expensive.