introduction

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by dannyngan, Sep 6, 2004.

1. dannyngan

Original Member

Hi there! I was doing a bit of surfing around on this nice Labor Day and found a link to these forums from the iDevGames site. Upon initial browsing through the forum threads, I noticed a lot of names that I recognized from other communities (some of you GarageGames guys might know me :p ). I figured if I knew people here, this site is probably good enough join myself. :)

I'm a freelance animator and 3d artist working in the game industry. Most recently, I worked on a couple of contracts for Sierra (the job was killed due to the not-so-surprising death of Sierra) and BuzzMonkey Software doing everything from character rigging and animation to down-and-dirty art pipeline stuff. I'm also an active member in the Garage Games community working with some of the guys from BraveTree Productions, 21-6 Productions, and the Garage Games team itself.

Anyway, I'm enjoying some the threads here so far. Looking forward to more interesting reads.

2. kerchen

Indie Author

Hi Danny, welcome aboard.

3. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Nice to have you around, Danny... and nice website work as well :)

4. dannyngan

Original Member

Thanks for the welcome and the kind comment on my work. I think a lot of it could be better, but then again, that's normal thinking for most artists. :p

5. Dan MacDonald

That counterTerrorist stuff looks just plain awesome. Would be crazy to see that level of detail animations in a game.

6. dannyngan

Original Member

If you're referring to the Special Forces animations on my site, then thanks for the kind words. Those were actually the in-game animations for a project I was working on for Sierra before they went the way of the dodo bird. The movies on my site are obviously renders out of Max, but the motion is what was in the game.

7. Reactor

"I think a lot of it could be better, but then again, that's normal thinking for most artists."

The only artists who don't think this are the ones who never aim higher ;)