Introduction & Inquiry

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Enome, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Enome

Enome New Member

Introduction :
    Hi there! My name is Enome. I'm an aspiring musician, writer, and artist.
    Ever since I was 10 I loved to imagine made up games and play them in my head. I use to make small paper foldables that when you pressed a "button" you would go to another specific part of the folded paper. Then I realized that on my dads computer, I could make games and let my passion unfold into reality. Though, that's when the fire nation atta- I mean when I realized I didn't want to learn how to code. Thought it was too much of a hassle. I'd hone my musical/artistic/literary skills enough over the years to where I have been able to say, "okay, this is a decent spot for me to be in. And I'm ready to expose this to a community." And, here I am. Hoping I could join a group to build on my experience.

Inquiry
    :
    -One question I have is... Would it be rude to ask if anyone would like to work on a game with me for free? I do understand that people disliked being asked to do something for free when they chose this career to be payed for it, but on the other hand, some great ideas don't get out there because of the fact that people don't have enough to no money at all to pay for services.

-Another question... is there a problem working for free?

That's about all of it I guess.

(Please don't take the questions as being "cheap". It's an honest analysis of how we prioritize money over hobby and ideas. And I wanted to know if people would be okay with working on an idea for free.)