Intro Post...

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Chicknstu, May 28, 2007.

1. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member

Hello all. I stumbled across this forum looking for a PD games site, and thought it looked like somethign I may be returning to often. This seemed like the best place for an intro post, so here it is. I've been making games since the days of the Amiga (About 15 years now). I code games for a living, but also have a little site for solo projects called

www.retrodev.co.uk

It's normally myself on Code and Design, and then various other people doing Art and Music. We've had a bit of success in terms of selling IP, and have had a couple of wee features in magazines and on websites for indie developers, but mainly we just do it for a laugh. It's the 'unsellable' stuff that ends up on the site! We pay homage to Retro Classics, but rather than do remakes we try and make new games in the Retro style. The biggest success we've had in this has probably been 'Dave's Day Out'.

We mainly give our games away free when they're done. The reason is that I dont believe anything we've done is worth paying for (We're not a professional outfit!). Lets face it, most indie sites have a few remakes of Bejewelled or Zuma, and ask you for £10 to play them...For me, the indie scene should be a place buzzing with innovation (because what publisher would let you innovate!). Plus it's a hassle to manage if you're trying to sell things.

Stu xxx

2. dannthr

dannthr New Member

Cool man, I just got here myself.

Glad to see more people interested in innovation and fun experimentation.

:D