Inno Setup Question

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Tom Gilleland, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Tom Gilleland

Original Member

For you Inno gurus,

I've used Inno Setup to make my installers for a few products now, but I was only installing about a dozen files. It was pretty easy to type in the Source & Dest for each file. Example:

Source: C:\Shell Whirl\data\intro.dxr DestDir: {pf}\BeachWare Games\Shell Whirl\data

Now I have a project that I need to copy thousands of files into about 70 directories. Is there some easy way to code a whole directory instead of a line of code for every file?

Thanks for your help. (I couldn't find a manual for this program.)

Tom

2. David De Candia

Original Member

You realise you can use wild cards? The following copies the entire contents of the images folder across.

eg

Source: "E:\Code\Astariel\images\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\images"; Flags: ignoreversion

I don't know how to automatically copy sub-folders though...

3. Matthew

Indie Author

There's a recursesubdirs flag. A line from one of our .ISS files:

Source: trunk\Data\*.*; DestDir: {app}\Data; Flags: recursesubdirs

The Data dir, in turn, has a whole directory structure behind it (including subdirectories). Everything comes through just fine.

4. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

5. Tom Gilleland

Original Member

Thanks guys...

6. David De Candia

Original Member

Wonderful! Thank you.

7. wazoo

Original Member

*visits site*

zomg!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That's exactly what I was looking for as well!