Indiegamer Twitter post

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by MrPhil, Jan 28, 2009.

1. MrPhil

Original Member

In the spirit of cooperation and like the Digger thread I thought I'd start a thread so people can follow each other Twitter accounts:

Mine is http://twitter.com/PhilipLudington

Post yours so others can follow you too!

#1 MrPhil, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Corvus

Corvus New Member

3. Jeff

Indie Author

4. TOgburn

Original Member Indie Author

I'm actually getting close to finishing a game in XNA for Creators Club and have really started posting a lot of updates.
    http://twitter.com/TOgburn

5. DrWilloughby

Indie Author

6. Chris Evans

Moderator Original Member

I know I'm not up on all the various new social networking crazes, but can someone explain to me the point of Twitter? It seems like blogging but minus any of the substance. It's like reading someone's random stream of thought. Why is this interesting? It just seems like more Internet exhibitionism. Why not just attach a web-cam to your wrist? Then I can watch you sleep too.

Someone explain to me this new fangled technology. :)

7. Chris Evans

Moderator Original Member

Btw, my comments aren't aimed at the above posters. More toward the people who Twitter every 30-45 minutes.

8. Backov

Original Member

People who leave their houses (not me!) a lot and have Blackberrys and such really like Twitter.

Personally I don't like people enough to spend that much effort on them, even if I did leave the keyboard enough to want to send IMs on a cell phone.

It does seem to be getting popular though.

9. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Its the same people who spend all day on facebook pressing the poke button.

Must be aliens or something!

10. Colm

Colm New Member

11. defanual

Original Member

I'm not 100% sure what the benefit of twitter is but I'm hoping it might help with that viral marketing thing, it certainly has a lot of users;)

Mine is in the sig, but in case you can't be bothered to look there it's http://twitter.com/eternalsyndrome My twittering's consist mostly of indie/game and business related stuff and those are the ones are tend to follow (for instance, I got a follow from some traffic service twitter, but I ain't trying to follow that, too much noise and of no use for me.)

Already following a few here though! :)

12. Jack Norton

Indie Author

13. jankoM

Indie Author

I am on twitter too or my company is, although I stated "Only for announcements and communication" at first twett which I don't that strictly follow.

Twitter is a funny thing and easy to laugh at, but at the end it's not only about "life streaming" and people that I follow don't post "I woke up", "Drinking a coffe" stuff or at least they stopped after a while.

I am there because it brings me new connections in local IT/Webdev scene, I get to know what's going on with similar companies than mine, on conferences, events, interesting links (CompSci/IT themes)..etc

my url is: http://twitter.com/refaktor

(btw.. I am not on facebook or myspace or .. )

14. defanual

Original Member

Automate twitter by using friendfeed...

@all: Use friendfeed people, it automates all of my twits (that's why it's got such sweet content regular ;)) by taking feed information from multiple services (ie google reader, forum, your blog, facebook, digg etc), just link it to relevant stuff though if you can, I'd rather not have too much (if any) twitterings about your 'first bath in months' or 'who you shagged stationary-indie-style last night' etc;)

And when you do, friend me if you like the content, I'll do the same if it makes sense...

15. Bad Sector

Original Member

16. Spore Man

Indie Author

I need to catch up on all this stuff... How is Twitter different from a blog?

17. Acord

Acord New Member

It's one sentence updates you put in every so often - sometimes from a blackberry or whatever.

Twitter Examples:

8:45 am - Woke up. BLURGH!
    8:46 am - Taking a crap.
    8:48 am - I am constipated.
    8:53 am - I think I tore somthing.

I haven't even blogged in awhile, so I think twitter would just annoy me.

18. Zoulz

Zoulz New Member

19. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

20. Allen Varney

Original Member

Google changed our lives because it can tell us what anyone has ever said about a given subject in all of Internet history. Twitter is useful because it tells us what everyone on the net is saying about a given subject RIGHT NOW.

All of you who don't see the value of Twitter, just wait until a calamity strikes your city.

I'm on Twitter to plug my humor site, http://ninjalistics.com ; my tweets don't pertain to the indie gamer community, but for the sake of completeness: Ninjalistics on Twitter.