Indiegamer switched from IP to forums.indiegamer.com

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Wayward, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Wayward

Original Member

I've been experiencing technical problems with the forum today. I couldn't post messages, new threads, or private messages. Everytime I tried I'd be informed that the administrator had limited posts to every 30 seconds (I don't post that frequently).

I solved the problem with help from Mike Boeh/Retro64:
    So, if anyone is having similar problems, delete your cookies and repoint your bookmarks to forums.indiegamer.com.

#1 Wayward, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  2. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Some people will have to repost a few things, that were under the old site.

3. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

They will? It's the same site, just a different address... No reposts should be necessary...

4. Reactor

A guy posted on the old site about wanting some of his graphics reviewed. I went to, but hit the posting problem. Then, I came back to here (sometime later), to find everything moved, and his post gone.

Somehow I doubt he deleted it, but...

5. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

When you say the old site, do you mean Dexterity perhaps? Because there has only been one site here- the ONLY thing that changed was how you pull it up in your browser...

6. svero

There was no old site or new site. The forums have been on the same server from day one. What changed is that the ip for the domain was originally pointing to my old indiegamer server and then got redirected to this box. The old server never had anything but a single web page on it.

7. Reactor

Okay, I obviously don't fully understand what the heck has happened around here. All I know is that I had a plain ol' Ip number as the url of this forum, and now I have an actual url. So, I assumed that since this guy's post has mysteriously dissapeared, something had gotten lost in the transition, or during whatever twilight-zone type thing that has happened. Sorry, understanding servers is not one of my strong points.

Hopefully this guy will post again, or... for the first time, or something.