Indiegamer Diggers List.

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Leon, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Leon

Original Member

Indiegamer Diggers/Stumbleupon List.

It's been a while(Jeez, since last year!:p) since we started the experiment of everyone using digg together to push indie stories that we believed in furtherer and getting better exposer.

After seeing only 5 out of the 31 users we had last time digg the Game of the Year story, I thought it might be a good time to revisit the idea and as well as see about updating the list below with anyone new who has joined in the ten months since then.

Thanks to everyone responding so far.

Diggers List:
    Hamumu
    aegamers
    puppygames
    Destron
    gummikana
    UnknownGuy
    jebso
    Polycount
    PoVRAZOR
    ajschatz
    cliffski
    jankoM2
    theoretical
    pyabo
    BantamCityGames
    terin
    Indiepath
    Genimo
    chanon
    BortQ
    cyrus_zero
    indiepath
    rinkuhero
    clilian
    samnova
    funpcgame
    sillytuna
    winterwolves
    badsectoracula
    yellowhut
    Sodaware

bazdigger
    agent4125
    tafty
    crispiness
    PiEyeGames
    JKaercher
    jonaswills
    bignobody
    MrPhilGames

chillypacman
    tfowers
    parsap
    Red27Studios
    dbestandy
    theblackmask
    JForceGames

ducridah750
    kneehat
    jasonriggs

Stumbleupon Users:
    aegamers

#1 Leon, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. barrygamer

Original Member

add me: bazdigger, joined yesterday. Worth pointing out that I found joining digg to be very painless, no endless pages of stupid questions etc.

3. tafty

Original Member

You can add me to the list too - I'm an irregular digger but I did digg the Game of the Year story:

tafty

4. Agent 4125

Indie Author

5. Leon

Original Member

I just noticed the new "shout" feature. No one seems to be using it from our group however. Any reasons? Could be very handy in getting stuff digged.

Shout feature

6. ChrisP

Indie Author

I too am an infrequent digger, but more than happy to digg stuff from fellow indies. http://digg.com/users/crispiness

Perhaps everyone in the list should add everyone else in the list as a friend, and then do a shout to everyone whenever there's something indie to digg. You can set up email notification for shouts (actually it's on by default). Or, post the digg link here in the relevant announcements post here, or in a special digg thread.

Would be nice if there was some kind of grouping feature to automate this.

7. Pi Eye Games

Indie Author

Only joined digg a few days ago, but happy to be added to the list : http://digg.com/users/PiEyeGames

I guess only 5 out of 31 people dugg the story because only 5 people from the list happened to read the digg-request post on the correct day? Sounds like friends-shouting is the way to go, a digging co-op ... hmmm, anyone know digg's policy on this? ;)

8. Leon

Original Member

Agreed, the new shout feature could be put to some excellent use. I think it's a good point you bring up about posting the Digg links either in a special Digg thread or the announcement posts.

I'm not sure how many people use Digg to promote their games, but I can't think of any announcement posts where a Digg link was given. Sometimes when I'd actually go to the web pages, there would be a link. On some of the sites the link would be kinda hidden away or I'd just not notice it, distracted by something on the site.

I think Digg links in the announcement threads would be an excellent idea, in the plain text post there's not much to distract from the blue links, after all. :)

Not sure if people just didn't read the story, forgot about Digging it, or what. I know I personally stopped going to Digg for a few months myself and I'm sure I missed Digging a bunch of indie stories. I first signed up for Digg to help push indie stories, and after seeing only 5/31 Diggs, I got to thinking that maybe I wasn't the only one.

That's part of the reason for this thread, to not only update the list, but also to revisit the potential Digg can have for us and to explore the best ways to further indie stories we're interested in.

9. bignobody

Indie Author

I finally got around to resetting my long forgotten digg password (wayyy to many of those to keep track of).

http://digg.com/users/bignobody

My fellow indies can count on me!

10. jonaswills

jonaswills New Member

So how exactly does this work? Do I add everyone to my friends list and digg everything that shows up on friend's diggs? Or do these shout outs give me e-mails when I'm supposed to digg something.

http://www.digg.com/users/jonaswills

11. ChrisP

Indie Author

I think that's how it's supposed to work. You can control whether you receive emails when someone shouts you at http://www.digg.com/settings/email

I've added everyone in the list in the first post as a friend on digg. To reiterate, feel free to shout me about anything indie-related, and I'll digg it if I dig it. ;)

I don't know what digg thinks about this kind of behaviour, but hey, they implemented a system for it, so they can't be totally against it. :) I guess it's possible that friends digging an article has less impact that strangers digging an article - I do know that number of diggs isn't the only factor in digg's algorithm, but I don't know anything about it apart from that.

Still, it has to be better to have a "digg from a friend" than no digg at all.

12. JoKa

Indie Author

Just joined Digg and now I found dozens of friends within minutes :)
    Please add JKaercher to the list.

13. Leon

Original Member

ChrisP already covered this, but, yep, that's it. Then Digg whatever stories you find interesting. :)

Yeah, they keep it a pretty tight secret(duh). All I can find is the following:

I think you're right though, a Digg is a Digg is a Digg. :) Now I just wish someone would have some indie news to Digg already! :p

14. JoKa

Indie Author

Yesterday I added an article about my Feyruna screensaver, just look at the first entry in my favorites: JKaercher :)

Did you guys invite most of the Indiegamer diggers? I added all members as friends, but only a few did the same with my account, allowing me to shout news to them.

15. Leon

Original Member

I dugg your screensaver, looked neat. Nice work.

Yeah, I believe I have everyone listed as a 'friend' although I don't think a handful of them still check digg which is why I'm guessing they didn't add you as well.

I just sent out a shout about an indie article, don't forget to check it out and digg it. My first shout, awwwww. :p

16. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

17. DanMarshall

Original Member

18. MrPhil

Original Member

I'm good about digg indiedev things I find interesting but I need to know about them!

19. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

20. DanMarshall

Original Member

This is another one of mine, I'm afraid. It's called "How to Ruin Xbox Live for Everyone Else", and should strike a chord with many of you.

Any Diggs will be rewarded with... ah... well, nothing in all honesty. Except utter gratitude and the heart-warming sensation of a job oh-so thoroughly well done.