Indie Portal Finished!! Submit Your Game!!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Danimal, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Danimal

Indie Author

I added a "what is gametrove" box. Still not sure about the wording. If anyone has feedback I would love to hear it.

2. Shaz

Moderator Original Member

I'd change "users decide which games are fun" to "players decide which games are fun"

and "other game portals... - only accept (no s) certain types of games"

3. Uhfgood

Original Member

Well I wasn't going to give a suggstion, but now when i look at it, what is the difference between Top Rated and Most Popular -- I mean wouldn't most popular be the top rated ones? Just because a certain game is checked out or downloaded doesn't mean it's popular. But if players vote, or rate then the highest rated games would be the most popular. Just a thought on what the difference is.

The question I was going to ask is, do you know if any non developers use gametrove? That is actually surf it, play games and rate it? Has anyone gotten any sales based on it yet?

I'm just curious.
    Keith

4. Sirrus

Original Member

How is GameTrove fareing these days?

5. Danimal

Indie Author

Most popular just sorts by downloads.

A few developers signed up to have a percentage of sales go towards ads so there are a few games that I can see how they sale. The best one Master of Defence has a 3.42% attach rate. I'm sure a lot of the visitors are game developers but almost half come from search engines and a lot come from places like Gamezebo. Over 40,000 downloads now. It can't compete with big portals but hopefully it will keep growing. Someday when I get time I'm going to redo it all, make it better.