Indie Game Music Composer Tobi Weiss / indiegamemusic.de

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by tobiweiss, Sep 13, 2021.

1. tobiweiss

tobiweiss New Member

I'm Tobi Weiss, a 29 years old full-time (indie) game composer (since 2013).

- In addition to my jobs & projects I studied music production and game audio from 2013-2016
    - I love composing for games because of the tight collaboration & the possibility to enhance the digital world the devs are creating with uniquely suited music. That's an example for why I always create written concepts of the score production before i actually begin composing, to think about potential leitmotivs, the unique instrumentation of the game's world etc (I'll attach 2 of these concepts as an example for you) + I always enjoy offering "unlimited revisions", since I don't really understand composers that are like "well yeah you get 3 revisions" - that doesn't really fit to my approach to create the best possible experience for the player. Instead i love sending regular updates of the current state of each track, to allow us to talk about the progression of everything.
    - I just finished a pretty big game project, so I just began scheduling my q4 2021 - q2 2022
    - Budget: I don't have fixed rates, since i focus on the indie-dev field & sometimes it's worth to participate on an awesome project for a bit less, if the game seems to be promising. I try to aim for 125 - 250 USD/minute of music though. It always depends. (220 USD fE includes: Mix/Master of my go-to mixing engineer, distribution and adaption of the Game OST to worldwide streaming plattforms etc)

Work examples:
    - "Gilded Shadows" official OST (Steamberry Studios, Visual Novel):
    //

- Game Music 2021 + Sum Up Albums:

Social Media:
    @filmandgamemusic (Instagram: I post work insights and the most recent updates over there)

www.indiegamemusic.de

Recent Projects:
    - Game Music Talk with Wilbert Roget (Mortal Kombat 11, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Guild Wars 2: PoF) for 50-80 European + American aspiring
    Composers
    - Multiple Remote Collaborations with worldwide Artists (For Example: String Duo Interludio from Italy, the asst. Principal cellist of the Oldenburg
    State Orchestra Fabian Boreck, guitarist Tsuyoshi Ikedo from Japan)
    - Elaboration + Hosting of a hybrid online course (video game music) for the School of Audio Engineering (SAE) Germany
    - Elaboration + Hosting of various remote/online mentoring programs for aspiring, new and experienced composers and music producers (Digital
    Music Production in General, Video Game Music, DAW Workflow.
    - April: Implementation of the project "Youth composes" as part of "Niedersachsen dreht auf!" (sponsored and financed by the ministry of
    culture, Lower Saxony) – Lessons/Courses for young people about music production & game music via modern streaming platforms)
    - Various video game and film soundtrack productions
    - Cooperation with the American author Jason M. Primrose (82 minutes OST for his 2nd sci-fi novel "205Z: Lost Children of Andromeda"
    - Cooperation with the American author Toni Perks (45 minutes OST for his fantasy novel "Princes of Enigma"
    - Work as a composer for video game music. Including: Animalistic (20 minutes), Need for Cheese (70 minutes), Hippoxxus (30 minutes), Gilded
    Shadows (45 minutes), TaoG (25 minutes)

I guess that's it for now. If i forgot anything or if you need further infos/insights: feel free to reach out anytime!

I also always gladly offer to create a free example "mood-score" for your game.

Stay safe & happy,
    tobi weiss

[size=12pt]TLDR:
    Early 2021 Game Music Recaps in 1 Minute & 1.5 Minutes:
    youtube.com/watch?v=m-5UzeogjF0
    youtube.com/watch?v=CGXfJcSgKg0[/size]

2. tobiweiss

tobiweiss New Member

3. tobiweiss

tobiweiss New Member

New q1 2022 game Music Recap: