Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by SteveZ, Dec 28, 2008.
Just having some fun
You would be surprised at who reads here though.
Hey! HH2 just made number 1!
You have a clear shot now!
Holy crap the reign has ended!
Lol, we knocked it loose. Let's see how long HH2 can hold the spot!
BIG congrats dude. This thead has gone a bit off-topic, but I gotta say hitting that #1 spot right now is a smooth move.
Lol, I could bring it back on topic by saying this was my goal for 2009!
sleep more at night
In 2009 I will...
(1) Submit the game I finished last year, Shelled Online, to publishers (I self released it but was too busy to send to publishers)
(2) Finish my game, Dragon Hatchery, and submit it to publishers (within weeks of accomplishing this)
(3) Complete my first full development contract work game as Red Thumb Games (just started, 6 month project, in progress)
(4) Design my next casual game, get all production artwork completed for it, and pitch it to publishers at the next Casual Game Conference
(5) Move back to the US, find a part-time job to pay the bills, and get married
(6) Develop some small flash games
(7) Develop my website and blog
(8) Play lots and lots and lots of great indie games
It'll be interesting to see how the people here have come along so far. Imo its better to evaluate the goals now than to reflect about them at the eve of 2010, because now we still have time to make the best of our one month left. Here's mine:
1. Launch 5 casual games in 2009 1 so far
2. Staff 5 full-time team members 6 so far
3. Over 150,000 copies of games developed by Blue Tea are sold in 2009 50%-70% of goal achieved, from only 1 new release
4. Give over $50,000 in total Bonus to team members <$10k. Less relevant now as I move away from freelancers to employees
5. Have Big Fish throw me a party Nope, probably should be the other way around. Silly goal anyways
The biggest setback is only releasing 1 title this year. I'll aim to hit at least another 4 titles next year. To do this require me to draft up one new game before 2010 (3 titles are currently in production). That will be my new initiative this month.
I did (3) and even got to do a (3a) which was go to GDC Europe and give a talk, but (1) and (2) got put on the backburner due to lots of contract work this year that I didn't expect to come my way. (3) had a bit to do with that. If contract work slows down in 2010, I will revisit (1) and (2).
I actually forgot that I participated in this thread!
(1) At beta (with announcements soon!) although the game changed about 2000%.
(2) Unfortunately no.
(4) Yes!? It's been a bit of a mixed bag on the benefit of this one, but it did occur.
So, in 2009 I was suppose to:
1. Finish prototype of the new game.
2. Find an art partner.
3. IF (prototype .eq. FUN):
3.a. Remake prototype into full game.
3.b. Find another game to make.
4. Ship it.
5. Sudden surprise ship of opportunity sails in.
1. Finished five prototypes.
2. May have found an art partner, but we're still deciding what music we'll dance to.
3. Five prototypes weren't enough. Working on #6 and it's looking good.
4. Will not ship this year. May not next year, but I hope to.
5. Can still see the ship of surprise opportunities sailing about, but only by the tops of her masts. She's been signaling to land, but the winds remain fickle.
So I was supposed to:
release a game about poker with hot girls that no portal will ever take into consideration for publishing (probably Q2 next year)
release a game about a flower shop (almost finished, will be out Q1 next year)
release a game like princess maker with 3 races and a mix of dating sim (done, Spirited Heart)
release a game about a dark future where you could encounter a sexy robot (done, Bionic Heart)
increase my total traffic to beat the 200k uniques a month barrier with all my network of sites (failed, reached 150k at one point but the average is around 90-100k...)
Not a bad year, considering I've also basically finished Heileen 2, so 3 games finished and 2 almost done. Next year probably going to relax more...
How long 2009 seemed in February!
1) I'd say at the absolute earliest this will be mid 2010.
1. My plans for the game keep becoming progressively more elaborate so I think it's doubtful that it will ever be finished. Eternal Beta Testing FTW.
3. At about 11% body fat now, so have one month to shift that last 1%. I was around 18% fat when I made this post. Added a few lbs of muscle which is less than I hoped for but still good.
I must have missed this one the first time around, but needless to say I did not achieve any of my game related goals...
2010 will be better I think...
BTW, nice goal #2 Nexic! and a big W00t for accomplishing it!
1) Blissfully succeeded
2) Also completed. It's available free again when I reupload it after having changed our website completely
3) Ported it to Wii and PSP in the end. PS3 version will be starting soon
Got something extra started too - a time management casual game
Pah! Way overdue with that. March 2010 is pencilled in but artwork has slowed me to a crawl.
Well, at least that's something!
In 2010.... hmmm... I will.... release a non-RPG game lol (maybe )
# Redo Ghost Ship Studios' website. Didn't -- No time or even real need
# Finish and ship one game (probably with zombies in it) Didn't
# Successfully complete corporate taxes. Did! (I think?)
# Go to GDC again and meet more people! Did
# Get back on my feet financially. Did
Given a complete change of all my plans and a new contract development deal, I'd say 2009 went pretty ok!