Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Raptisoft, Dec 26, 2005.
Mine is simply - Finish my game (Maze Craze) and release it.
Finish 1000 Crystals of Altaxia in 3 months and release it.
Start economic game remotely similar to Trade Winds.
Take over the world
Taking over the world I might put off till 2007,
the economic game might take more time then I now anticipate
To all the people expecting kids , GET SOME SLEEP - Trust me, itâ€™s a good advice.
Very Big Games
Huge and Unique Science Fiction and Fantasy Games
1) Will increase my Journa-developer personality both reviewing and making games without a hint of any bias
2) Find a gf or at least date more
3) Finish a Commercial game
4) Find a new job
5) Bulk up for those warm Chicago Summers
6) Become a better artist/designer
7) Pretend to be a better person for a few months
8) Stop by march
9) Enter a game into the IGF
10) Start another commercial game by June
11) Find an apartment that's not a studio?
12) Finally finish FF8 and Finish every other FF through 10 (time permiting)
1 (and only): Don't die before Hamsterball 2 comes out
hmmm, my 2006 goals:
1) Invest enough time into my first game... now that I still can afford it.
2) Power-up art skillz
3) Power-up music skillz
4) Hope that c++ won't make me bald through repetitive hairstruggles.
5) Hope I can get the game into Gold before mid '06
5) Hope the game will be Quality-standard enough to start a company.
6) Learn to count.
My overambituous goals for 2006:
1) Finish and release at least 2 indie games
2) Complete at least 2 freeware games
3) Wrap up 2 team projects (yeah, more games)
4) Get my tutorial site's unique visitors back up to 100,000/mo. by March and double it by the years end
5) Increase awareness of ALICE program plus get more artists to help contribute more artwork
6) Make a killing (in sales!) at AnimeNEXT convention
7) interview papillon and/or review Cute Knight and submit it to Womengamers.com
Finish our game THIS year
Pay off my credit cards
Finish my new business plan
Hold down a part time job until financial independence can be maintained through our first game
Do something to show my family how much I appreciated their patience and tolerance during this time
Finish our game THIS year!!!
Pretty much everything on my list is attainable...I just have to make sure it gets done...
So who hit their goals then? Not me... Someone should start one for this year...
WHO DARES TO BUMP THIS THREAD??????
Who would win in a fight? A hamster or a gerbil?
How about a Mighty Rodent? (sorry Nexic)
My goal was to not die in 2006, I managed it.
This is some ambicious stuff NothingLikeIt, did you achieve any of this? I wouldn't have been so bold to post any of it, even though a few of them are on my internal list.
For 2007 you can post "1) Show up to indie meetup" .
-Didn't bother with the Advanced Camera pack
-Arctic isn't out yet!!!
-And I certainly haven't started on the next one!
-I did hire 1 full time and he's working out great
1 - Didn't pay very well for my time, but it did pay a little for it
2 - Wish the redesign was done...developer/publisher log-in and submission system is the big outstanding piece...but many things did improve and get finished over the year
3 - Not 300%, but we did get about 100% increase in traffic, which isn't bad and I'd love to do that again
4 - I don't remember really ticking too many people off this year...must be getting mellower with age
5 - I think I caught my breath back in September after doing the first issue of the mag...sadly that was a fleeting moment
While I can't check all points on my list I do think 2006 was very good for me. Goals set at the beginning of the year changed - to be successful you need to be flexible. So I was flexible and 2007 will prove that success You can read more here and here.
all the best
- Didn't bolster the bank account (will do this year)
- Found out I have to wait longer for 2nd Dan.
- Didn't have any short holidays without the kids, in fact went to two stressful family weddings with the kids.
However, all other things achieved, yay! Bathrooms and garden look great. Shows me that my goals are realistic and achievable, so I should be pretty successful this year esp. with the "Get Rich" one ;-)
- Done, beefed up help and now working < 60 - 80hrs per week, but not much less.
- Done, broke the 300+ daily sales goal by Aug and even averaged 300+ for all of Dec to boot.
- Done, wrote many $10k+ royalty checks in 06.
- Not done this year I'll definitely spend less time here!
My key to keeping sane and meeting goals, shoot low and aim high. Set yourself solid obtainable goals.
Save one for me, and whilst you're at it, add another 0 please, thanks.