Immanitas Entertainment - Developer Beware!

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Desktop Gaming, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hello

I've had a contract with these guys for about 18 months now. They have an odd set-up where they're meant to send quarterly statements, I then have to invoice them, and they pay.

But, If only it were that simple.

The statements, most times, are late. Often they don't materialise until I chase them over it, at which point they claim to have already sent it, but re-send it anyway.

Worse, more often than not, they don't pay. The last two times, I chased them and apparently the payment was made "in the last few days". Lo and behold, it appeared it my account the following day.

This time, I've deliberately left it for over eight weeks - their contract says they will pay in 15 working days. They have not paid. I have every confidence that if I didn't continually chase them, they wouldn't pay at all.

If this company approach you offering to publish your games - my advice is to steer well clear. They are an absolute shower of shit - terrible to deal with and one of the worst publishers I've had the misfortune to deal with in over thirty years of making and selling games.

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Approaching the end of a 3-year contract with this damned company.

Not once have they sent royalty reports on time.
    Not once have they paid on time.
    Twice they have accused me of lying about non-received payments.

The owner, Christian Sauertieg, claims this is not "breach of contract", because they eventually paid. Despite the fact that they are making the same breach time after time after time. The last two quarters, they've told me that they DID pay me and implied that I was lying about not receiving payment, then had the audacity to make out they're doing me a favour by "sending the payment again"!

Now that I've sent them advance notice of contract termination, they've stopped replying to my emails completely. And once again they are late with the reports. But quite honestly they can shove their money up their arses, as much as I'm concerned.

I don't care how desperate you are to get your game published - do NOT have any association with these guys. I have every reason to believe that if they are not continually chased for payment, then they simply will not pay. In this entire three year long charade, not once have they carried out their obligations without repeated prompting.

Seriously - do not get involved with these incompetent wasters.