I'm stuck on Deciding which engine to use

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Nubbless, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nubbless

Nubbless New Member

Hi! This is my first post and I am new to The Indie gamer forums!

I have always had trouble deciding which platform to go off of, mostly because of the coding side...
    I am currently using Game maker studio as it is the easiest, but I'd still like to try and see if Unreal Engine or Unity fits my needs, which is a flexible engine where I can make mostly Rpg games and games like The Last of Edith Finch, or the beginners guide. for the future (as I am only on my third game, I don't think I'll be making any games to put on any platforms yet) I'm not sure of which tutorials to use IF I find the one that I'd want to use.

Thank you for your time,
    Sincerely,
    Nubbless-a Noob Indie developer

2. Justin Duncan

Justin Duncan New Member

Use Unreal. There are many tutorials, the documentation is great(compared to others) and the resulting games are top tier in terms of quality possible.