Ignore everybody

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Game Producer, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

This thread reminded me about the fact that I read this wonderful book: "Ignore Everybody" - http://gapingvoid.com/books/

(you can read much of it online)

Basically, this book is about "doing your own fun thing"... and I felt it has loads of "indie spirit" in it. Totally recommend it.

2. jrjellybeans

jrjellybeans New Member

Neat book. Some nice advice, but a bit like some of those self motivating books.

In any case, nice find! How did you hear about this?

3. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

I read that book a few weeks ago. It's good and can be recommended but it's also very light and can be read in a few hours.

4. Chris England

Chris England New Member

I just went to the site to read the preview chapters of the book on the recommendations above, and I enjoyed it. Always worth taking that sorta thing with a pinch of salt, but it was easy to read, punchy and gives you plenty of food for thought.

5. addneybain

addneybain New Member

Hi,
    I read the book.It was really interesting to read and good book.I don't no why
    Scurvy Lobster is worried about the timing,you should be worried about what's written in that and not on the timing dear.

6. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

I don't remember. I have been checking out gapingvoid.com cartoons for some time now... and I suppose I just one day browsed the site a bit more.

7. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

addneybain wrote:
    What have you been smoking? :cool: