How would I go about making a 3D character creator?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Kingcheese, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Kingcheese

Kingcheese New Member

Hi, I am a young, extremely inexperienced game enthusiast who wants to make a 3D character creator like the ones used in MMOs and similar programs. I do not want to eventually connect it to a game, but instead have it be a stand alone program to be used by artists, tabletop rpg users, and other creators looking for an easy way to bring their character ideas to life. I am a concept artist and have not yet tried to pursue this idea, what I need to know to kick off the project is, what programs or game templates should I look into, and suggestions on how to find a team of people with the necessary skills to make something like this. Any suggestions and guidance is welcome, thank you for your time.

2. idurvesh

idurvesh New Member

First get your mind clear that "its extensively time consuming,stressful and uncertain" industry so do not get into for quick money.......Though you will have your pay offs if you persists long enough......

That being said,to create characters you will need modelling tool. There are quite few available including free Blender ....Check out some videos over youtube and start from basic and see how does it go....

For creating team check out our forum's hep wanted section ,then there are likes of indieDB,devianart,reddit etc......

And lastly google alot and keep updating us with your progress... :) ....

PS : Go for revenue share with team......

3. Osmosis D. Jones

Osmosis D. Jones New Member

hi :)

im new to this special topic but i would suggest as first step to write down a - as complete as possible - concept/specification, maybe with some pictures and maybe one usecase (written and with pictures)(you know what a usecase is? no? just ask ;) ) If you have this concept you can get better feedback and work out what are tasks to do and what you need to them or what help. and its easier for the people to give you specific advise:)

correct me if i m wrong :)
    good luck :)
    greetings
    Os

idurvesh likes this.