How to research your next game’s target audience for free

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Justin Carroll, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Justin Carroll

Justin Carroll New Member

Hey everyone, I wrote this article about how I research a game's target audience, complete with my downloadable spreadsheet. Basically before you launch your next game, it's a good idea to make an educated guess about who your players will be, so that you can make and market your game to attract them. Here's exactly how I do that...

How to Research Your next Game's Target Audience for Free

JoBader likes this.
  2. Crichton333

Crichton333 New Member

The Facebook Audience part is gold, most articles about this subject just mention the Google keyword planner.

3. Justin Carroll

Justin Carroll New Member

Hey thanks for the comment! Glad you found that part useful.

I'll continue to add tactics to my article as I work them into my own process. There are a few others, such as your own Web traffic analytics, but young indie games typically don't have that type of data if they haven't yet launched games.

App Annie is another great resource, but again, young indie games don't have the money to pay for their insights.