How to become a game dev?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Commander_Astaroth, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Commander_Astaroth

Commander_Astaroth New Member

Hey guys,

Ill start by saying I have no background in Game development, coding or anything like that, I always wanted to go in computer programing before going to university but instead I got my degree in business management. This being said ive been following closely a couple of Indi Project these last years and I really got interested by the “Behind the Scene” of video games. Now I’m at a point were I’m asking my self and mostly you guys if it is possible to learn how to make video games on my own. What should I learn, where to start, etc

I know it will depend on what type of game I would like to make but I just want to learn the basic here. Like what should I know before even thinking about my own project.

Tank you for your help and time guys and I am sorry if my English looks bad, I am a French Canadian and I cant speak the language way better then I can right it.

2. Gameicreate

Gameicreate New Member

I don't understand. Please describe briefly.

3. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Hi fellow French Canadian,

You have to know what you want to do and that's about it for now. Know that it's very unlikely you'll get a living out of your games, so choose small projects that are interesting to you and start learning. There are plenty of engines, graphic softwares and resources everywhere around the web for you to get started.

Good luck.

4. brsoftechgames

brsoftechgames New Member

If you are looking professional game developer and the designer team then you will need to the game designing and development company In India which makes the classic gaming software and application for more info please Contact sales@brsoftech.com, 9982201414.