How old are you?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by WaveRider, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ulfster

ulfster New Member

so many old guys around here, that seems like a new target group... i should start making games for the pensioner.
    26 here ;)

2. Popcorn Boy

Original Member

32, but I easily feel 31 or 30. :)

3. harambe2

harambe2 New Member

40 and proud to be. Mom of one, no men at present.

4. Stefan Maton

Original Member

34, two kids (3+6) and a great wife...

5. chillypacman

chillypacman Guest

19 and no wife to speak of :D :)( ?)

6. Frozen In Ice

Original Member Indie Author

45 with a great wife!

7. drummingpariah

drummingpariah New Member

I was just going to ask if there were any women here. I'm disappointed that you don't appear to be the norm.

As for myself, I'm 24, just barely out of the huge AAA dreams. Although I'm (relatively) young, I've been working on games for awhile now (my current project is the first indie title I've sunk my teeth into, strangely enough). I'm moving out west to found our studio this month, it's all very exciting!

Anyway, it's very interesting to get a perspective on who you all are. It's changed my preconceptions. I was getting used to gamedev, and it kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little, because everybody was so unrealistic in their expectations.

8. papillon

Indie Author

"OI! R THERE ANY GIRLZ HERE?"

:)

Honestly, though, on most forums people tend to *assume* everyone posting is male, whether they are or not. While males may be the majority, I've had endless years of "You mean you're actually a *girl*?!?" to put up with to remind me that people tend to form their own mental image of the 'default internet person'...

9. DrWilloughby

Indie Author

I'm 29. Last year I was 28. But next year I will be 29.

Someone really should do a theatrical spoof on Peter Pan where it's a bunch of hip twenty-somethings avoiding turning 30. Would go over well with the latte-sipping theater crowd.

10. Nexic

Indie Author

21 and 9 games released. Do I get a cookie?

11. DerR

DerR New Member

Wow, Kudos!

12. Andy

Original Member

Sure. No wine - so cookie Neil... :p

13. lucid realm games

lucid realm games New Member

I feel out of place...
    I'm only 16 :)

14. Sectarian

Sectarian New Member

I'm 33 and a software developer for ics inc., and have'nt done much of anything this year in my spare time though i'm optimistic for next year.

15. DragonSix

DragonSix New Member

For myself I'm 22, I keep forgetting I'm not 21 and I only released 2 demos.

16. Sharpfish

Original Member

i'm 33, somedays a I still feel 21 other days I feel 51!

17. Bad Sector

Original Member

When this thread started and i saw all those 30somethings posting, i thought to stay quiet for a while, just to make sure i'm not the only 20something :p.

Well i'm around 23 plus some months. I'm not sure how many though (bored to do the math right now :p).

18. plasticcow

plasticcow New Member

35 with one son of 13 who enjoys nothing more than beating me on halo 3 and a great girlfriend who understands my passion for programming or rather puts up with it.

19. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Bah I didn't post at first as I thought it was an old thread and I'd already posted, but that must have been on the Blitz forum, anyway here's my specs:

Sex: Male
    Kids: 2
    First Comp: Spectrum 48K at age of 8 (eternally grateful to my dad), then C64, Amiga, PC.
    Years Programming: 24
    Professional Developer: 9 years business software, 3 years games. (games are *way* more fun)

So yep, I'm a 30-something making 2D games because I grew up with BASIC then assembly and I've played classic games since the 80s and I'm probably trying to relive my youth somehow :) However, I'm a lot wiser than I was in my teens and 20s and wouldn't want to go back.

Great quote esp. coming from a 16 year old - just make sure you follow it through son </old man mode off>

20. brianmeidell

brianmeidell New Member

I'm 29, and I've released 2 games (both in the last year).