How do you make your game feel dynamic and explosive ?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Mehd, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Mehd

Mehd New Member

Hello !

I've been using Unity to make games for quite a while now, and though I've made a lot of progresses, my games always seem flabby, slacky, too soft. And here, I am talking gameplay. The video may help to understand what I mean.

Hence the question: What are the pratices used to make a game feel fast, dynamic ?

Thanks for all the answers !

2. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

The main character's movement : it takes a while to accelerate. Try going from zero to full speed as soon as the movement keys are hit. Play around with speed of movement and acceleration. To give a tangible example : compare how Super Mario moves VS. Megaman.

Then when you have something more satisfying, it's going to be about visual effects you add on top.

3. Mehd

Mehd New Member

Thanks ! What about the animations ? I feel they also lack something, don't they ? (:)

4. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Maybe, but start with the motions / gameplay. It's more important to nail how the game feels than how the game looks. It's easier to make a fun game pretty than to make a pretty game fun. As of now the animations are acceptable enough.