How do affiliates deal with support requests?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by JoshuaSmyth, Feb 25, 2008.

1. JoshuaSmyth

Original Member

I've been thinking about affiliating a few indie games on my website - not many, just a handful that I like.

I'm almost ready to go live with it, but I just thought I'd ask what the norm is as far as support is concerned if you are an affiliate - for example, do you redirect all issues to the developer? Or to the payment provider if someone needs a redownload?

What if someone wants a refund?

I've got an affiliate account with regNow and bmtMicro.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

2. Spaiz

Original Member

Hello,

if someone wants a refund, we tell him that he should contact our billing support via email address [here payment processor support email goes]. If someone has troubles with game itself, we are trying to contact developer by ourselfes or trying to solve this problem by our own (check wether is latest Direct X installed or something).

3. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hi Joshua, as a Reflexive affiliate I haven't ever had to deal with this directly. BTW, enjoyed your free dungeon crawl - if you ever post a port-mortem I would be interested in reading it. I'm curious about how much traffic the game generates for you.

4. JoshuaSmyth

Original Member

Thanks :) I will be doing a post-mortem, but I figure it will be best to write it 12 months from now, Hind-sight is 20/20 after all :)

5. MindToy Games

MindToy Games New Member

Seconded - love the rogue-like game on your site! I just got through playing it for an hour, darn it! I'm supposed to be working. :)