Hot to promote board games site?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by matlu, May 8, 2005.

1. matlu

Original Member

Hello!
    Well, this is probably very common question here, but nobody asked specifically about board games yet. I'm working on multiplayer board games, some of them are quite simple and common (Checkers, Reversi, Connect 4), but I also have one more complicated (it is clone of famous Chaos and similar to Cyberwars).

Question is, how to promote such site? How to let the people know about it? So far I tried to submit it at arcadepod, but it's pending for more than 1 week *sigh*

Thanks a lot!
    BTW the link is:
    http://www.duelboard.com

2. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

3. matlu

Original Member

Thank you very much. Well, in fact it's not meant as shareware, the games are completely free to play (from web browser). I guess that probably best way to promote the site would be banner exchange... ?

you are probably reffering to Cyber Battles :) It may look a bit complicated at first sight, but it's easy to get into it :) And there IS a manual, there is a link on main page (game rules).

4. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

Well, I guess you could join to www.gamesbanner.net - that could be a start. Press release distribution is also one way to get some publicity.

btw - That manual link was too far away ;)