HipSoft's Build-a-lot Released for Mac

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Red Marble Games, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Red Marble Games

Original Member

Hi all -- HipSoft's Build-a-lot was in the Top 10 at most portals for many weeks, and I'm very happy to announce that I/we have ported it to the Mac. Here's the press release:

---

Boston, MA - March 3, 2008 - Popular Mac-only game publisher, Red Marble Games, today announced the release of Build-a-lot for the Macintosh. An addictive strategy game based on building, buying, upgrading, and selling houses, Build-a-lot gives players the unique opportunity to fill the shoes of a big time real estate mogul, wheeling and dealing to build various projects and become rich in the process.

Ported from the best-selling PC title of the same name, Build-a-lot provides countless hours of strategic real estate fun and entertainment. Players can flip houses in an effort to earn quick money, do special favors for the town's mayor in an effort to earn special favors in return, visit and work within scenic towns, maintain properties and earn piles of money via rental income, and much more.

"Build-a-lot is a fantastic game with gorgeous graphics, and a very unique game play perspective and objective," said Mark Batten, founder and CEO of Red Marble Games. "Build-a-lot is one of those rare titles that's truly engrossing. It effortlessly pulls players in and engages them for hours on end. We're proud to be the publisher bringing such a compelling and entertaining title to Mac game players around the world."

Features of Build-a-lot for the Mac include:
    * Stunning house and neighborhood graphics,
    * Fun and entertaining upgrades, including bowling alleys, swimming pools, and more,
    * Special buildings, including museums, mansions, and castles,
    * Fun challenges that let players earn extra money,
    * Neighborhood improvement opportunities,
    * Compare scores with other Build-a-lot players with online score listings.

Priced at only $19.95 USD, Build-a-lot for the Mac is a Universal Mac OS X application that requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or better, and is available for immediate download directly from Red Marble Games' website.

---

Screenshots:

http://www.redmarblegames.com/Resources/bal_scr1.jpg
    http://www.redmarblegames.com/Resources/bal_scr2.jpg

Product page:

http://www.redmarblegames.com/buildalot.html

Direct download:

http://www.redmarblegames.com/downloads/BALDemo.dmg

Thanks, and congratulations to the guys at HipSoft for another remarkable title!

2. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

I hope you sell tons. Build-a-lot is my favorite game of 2007 (if anybody cares :)). It did great everywhere on PC, it should do great on Mac too.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

3. OremLK

Indie Author

Yeah, Build-A-Lot is really cool. I'm sure the Mac version will only add to your already smashing success :)

4. Kaos

Original Member

ah it is just too bad that Brian does not hang out here any more

:(

5. Scorpio

Indie Author

Are you referring to me? If so, I still lurk. :)
    -Scorpio

6. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Still on my list of highly recommend games to play! Soon soon. Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll do well judging by it's PC success on all the portals!