High quality, Original SFX, Music, Dialogue

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by AnthemAudio, Dec 14, 2005.

1. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Artist: Tony Porter
    Site: http://www.anthem-audio.com

"Posted new samples below"

I have a degree in Recording Arts from Full Sail and I spent my internship there creating Game Audio. Currently I work as a writer and forum moderator for the #1 Game Music News website Music4Games.net.

I can write musical scores, design SFX, and produce quality dialogue for any multimedia needs. I've done audio for games, films/machinima, and screensavers. I take on each project with a lot of heart, ideas, and gumption. I don't know what gumption is, but I sure bring a lot of it. I love to campaign for all of my projects success and would be a great asset to any team looking for a likeable, talented, positive influence in their project.

It seems I get the most requests for voice over work. I am a pretty good voice actor myself and have a stable list of actors who work with me for any occasions.

Thanks!

My website is getting overhaul'd currently in preparation for E3 but I'll keep people abreast here of anything...portfolio-ey in this thread.

Email me or post here with questions/comments/rebukes

Tanks!

#1 AnthemAudio, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  2. AnthemAudio

Original Member

#2 AnthemAudio, Dec 22, 2005
  3. AnthemAudio

Original Member

#3 AnthemAudio, Jan 30, 2006
  4. mahlzeit

Original Member

Heh, I wouldn't use the word "subtle" for the (excessive) panning at the beginning. It drives me nuts with my headphones on. ;) Love the cello, though.

5. steve bisson

Original Member

?
    http://www.anthem-audio.com/demos/PastTime_Demo(BallsToWall).mp3
    http://www.anthem-audio.com/demos/Precipice_Demo(BallsToWall).mp3
    I like them both but it sounds like arpeggios over drum loops to me.

watching was very nice.

The humorous ones did not feel "harmonious" . Industrial ones were a bit too harsh on my hears even tho i am use to early nine inch nail kinda music.

6. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Originally Posted by AnthemAudio]

If you use me, you WILL get original stuff with plenty of character that matches your project. This is not drum loops and some synthey arpeggios on top of them. These are songs strong enough to stand on their own, yet perfect for the mood you need.

QUOTE=steve bisson?
    http://www.anthem-audio.com/demos/PastTime_Demo(BallsToWall).mp3
    http://www.anthem-audio.com/demos/Precipice_Demo(BallsToWall).mp3
    I like them both but it sounds like arpeggios over drum loops to me.

Unless that's what they ask for (in this case at least)!

Thanks for the critiques on my other pieces though. I know I've made a few to your work so a reciprocation is more than welcome!

Tony

7. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Just thought I'd update y'all with some new credits o'mine. Since my portfolio is being revamped...all the links on it are a wee bit broken.

Since I'm pimping my contribution to Protogem everywhere I thought it would be best to post the music tracks here! I've received some great compliments so far on these tracks as they aren't typical puzzle loop tracks but suit the gameplay very well.

Track 1
    Track 2
    Track 3
    Track 4

They are designed to loop so it might hiccup or sound truncated at the very beginning and end if your player isn't set to automatically loop tracks.

Also finished up some work for Super Furious software for their award winning Cellblock Squadrons. No music, just dialogue. It's available in the demo at their site and a patch is soon to be released for owners of the full version to include the voices.

And I finished up my final project as an intern in February at Full Sail but never posted it anywhere.

Squad 7's Forgotten City

They never incorporated the dynamic abilities I wrote for their audio tracks but they used my music all the same:
    Daylight which I posted here before...but I didn't think they would use it...they did.
    Music Bed Traversal

Music Overlay Action

Anyway...that's enough pimpagery...FOR NOW!!!

Tony

8. Melin

Original Member

Hey!

Listened to track1 and track2 for protogem, nice style.

I especially like the drum track for track 2, and some of the synth lines. Good work there.

Track 1 has got some clip/pop issues, though that could be easily fixed with a click/pop filter in say Adobe Audition, the older Cool Edit.

You've created a calm atmosphere, I think these tracks would do well for a puzzle game, so great work there.

Also, the beat kind of reminds me of a slowed down version of Cosmic Outflow, featured in Arcade Lines, by Lobstersoft. :)

Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

9. AnthemAudio

Original Member

clipping on track 1 eh? I mastered the track for OGG and didn't get those...but when I converted that same mastered track to MP3 that bit of unwanted "overdrive" kept popping up.

There's a trick to mastering for a specific file format and I didn't bother for the MP3 files...rather I forgot. It sounds much better in game.

You know that trick I'm talking about right? Using phase cancellation to see what frequencies any and all codecs are removing to get those small file sizes. It's different for each compression scheme and I failed to remember this when converting the same track for MP3. I'll fix it soon enough...

Thanks for the comments.

Now where did that web developer go?

10. Melin

Original Member

yeah I know what you're saying. It's not a big issue though. You've created some really sweet tracks there.

ever listened to cosmic outflow?

11. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Just did. I do see a lot of similarities to a few Protogem tracks. Cool game too.

Thanks for the comments!