Help with Direct3D->OpenGL

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by Red Marble Games, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Red Marble Games

Original Member

Hi all -- I'm working on a conversion of a game from D3D to OpenGL (because we don't have D3D on the Mac :) ) and am having some trouble displaying geometry. I'm pretty sure it's just a matrix thing, probably to do with the switch from left-hand to right-hand coordinate systems; I can load textures just fine, and anything that's displayed in 2D -- i.e. using D3DFVF_XYZRHW, such as score indicators, etc. -- draws just fine. But the actual 3D geometry of the scene doesn't draw properly at all. I've tried flipping the z coordinates of the models I'm loading, and a variety of other things, but nothing seems to work.

To save my forehead from further banging on the screen, I'm looking for someone who is skilled with matrix math, D3D, and OpenGL, to help me sort out what I'm doing wrong. Ideally the candidate would have experience on, or at least access to, a Mac to be able to run through my code with the app running and tinker with it.

True to forum requirements, I'm willing to pay for the help, so long as it doesn't exceed what I hope to make from the finished game :eek: ; if you're interested, please let me know what you think you'd require to help see me through this.

Thanks!

2. impossible

Original Member

If you could post some of the code (or code in the same style) that would help immensely. It sounds like its nothing major. Depending on how you are using matrices in D3D vs. OpenGL a lot of stuff could be going wrong though.

3. vjvj

Indie Author

Define "not properly at all". Does it look corrupted/stretched, or not appear at all? A screenshot would be ideal :)