Hello

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by JoshuaJ, Nov 19, 2012.

1. JoshuaJ

JoshuaJ New Member

Hello there, I couldn't find an introduction topic on this forum, so I thought i'd post one here. :)

So, My name is Josh, I'm startig to teach myself C++ as of today.
    I've been studying Python for a bit and want to move up :D
    I hope to start developing indie games in a few years. :)

Any questions, just ask.

2. stan.idesis

stan.idesis New Member

Hi Josh, best of luck to you.

When there's a will, there's a way. :)

3. Stropp

Stropp New Member

Hi Joshua

Welcome to the indie gamer forums.

Can I suggest that you learn C# rather than C++. C# is a simpler more structured C-based language and won't let you make the mistakes that C++ will that can be extremely frustrating to a new player.

If you know Python you can start making Indie games now using PyGame.

Start by picking simple game ideas and implementing them. No need to wait a few years.

4. Musenik

Original Member

That's a good plan. I've made a few commercial games with PyGame. It's mainly limited to PCs (mac,Win,Linux). C# is good for a wider range of platforms, but python/pygame is great for prototyping!