Hello from Greece (Hellas)

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by JimFit, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimFit

Original Member

Hello to everyone ! I have a very good project for an action game but i can't create it because i don't know a lot about developing programs. I am looking for someone who knows game developing very well...
    CONTACT with me at JimFit_7@hotmail.com

P.s I don't know if it is the right subject here so don't punish me :p

thanks

2. Pyabo

Original Member

:mad:

Did someone advertise the indiegamer.com forums on GameDev? :p

3. Nemesis

Original Member

Can you share your game idea with us please? :)

4. JimFit

Original Member

I can't share it ...
    If you know game Developing go on MSN and find me :)

P.s My english are not very good... :D

5. grimreaper

Original Member

Nemesis: ofcourse he can't share his idea!! Dont you know that that FPS/RTS/MMORPG/latestGamedevcraze idea could be worth millions...

grimreaper

6. JimFit

Original Member

:) i have a great idea and i believe it will have great success...
    i can't tell you my project here ...

7. Bluecat

Original Member

Hi JimFit,

Here's the thing about ideas. They are a dime a dozen. They're cheap. Gamedev.net was mentioned earlier. Go take a look. There are around 537.2 million new game concepts posted there every day, and a lot of them actually share their idea!

In order to get someone interested in getting involved in your project you are going to need to ante up. You are going to have to prove that you are serious about the game. You mention that you can't create your game because you don't know a lot about developing programs. That attitude will not attract people to your project. I suggest learning how to develop software and start working on your game. Make a prototype first and then advertise for help. Once you show you are serious, you will have a greater chance of attracting developers.

It takes a lot of time and effort to develop a game idea into a quality saleable game. Even if someone did steal your concept (unlikely) it would probably take them several months or years to create a game based on it. In the meantime you would be working on it, and when it is released you will have two completely different games based on the same idea. Hiding your game idea indicates to most people that you are not serious and are probably wasting their time.

The other thing you've got to realise is that a lot of the folks on this message board are spending a lot of time and effort developing their own games. They are extremely unlikely to steal your idea for themselves. Even if you do share your idea you are unlikely to get anyone involved in your project... let alone steal your idea!

What you are likely to get is a whole lot of excellent advice and encouragement from people who are actively developing independant games.

cheers

John

8. JimFit

Original Member

Thanks John.
    I will do what you said... i will create my project in one of the programs i know.

thanks again
    bye

9. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I hoped something useful would come out of the early "noise" thread. I expected this thread to be completely ignored and therefore disappear among the old threads, or a moderator to close or delete it.

Bluecat's answer is the right one, but it should definitely be in a FAQ, so we don't have to see it every time...

10. Gilzu

Moderator Original Member

no contribution thy say?

<click>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.