Has anyone heard from BMT?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by DaveGilbert, Mar 2, 2012.

1. DaveGilbert

Indie Author

Hi everyone. We launched our game on Wednesday, and we had some technical issues that we needed to sort out - e.g., folks who pre-ordered the game needed to get their links emailed to them. I emailed BMT to say we were launching, and received no reply. Two days later, I still haven't received a reply even though I emailed them about four times. In the end, I had to create a temporary URL for the pre-orderers so I could fulfill their orders.

Normally, BMT responds within a half-hour. Maybe an hour at the most. Them not replying for two days is extremely unusual, and makes me wonder if something is wrong on their side. Has anyone else heard from them in the last two days? Or does anybody have any insider info on what's going on? Are they on vacation or something and I didn't get notified?

I know BMT checks this site, so I apologize for posting this on a public forum. I tried calling you, but I could only reach a customer support line. The woman I spoke to told me there was no way to reach vendor support except by email, which I already tried multiple times.

Any help is appreciated!

-Dave

2. Pallav Nawani

Indie Author

Why not switch to some other vendor temporarily?

3. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

It's kinda a pain to set up a game to begin with so switching is no fun...

4. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I use BMT and Trialpay in conjunction as they offer distinct services - maybe using Trialpay as well would allow you to remove the BMTMicro link for a week until whatever is going on has been sorted.

5. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Still no response? That is very unlike them... are you emailing someone directly or using the support link from their site?

6. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

Use the contact form on the site from the control panel?

7. Jack Norton

Indie Author

You can resend download links directly from the control panel, have you tried that? might solve the immediate issue, but yes is unusual not getting any reply from them in two days!!

8. Thomas@BMT

Thomas@BMT New Member

All is well! We are getting email and replying as per usual. I made contact with Dave on Sunday and we sorted it out.

9. DaveGilbert

Indie Author

So sorry! I really should have updated this thread. My only defense is GDC happened! Thomas and I managed to reach each other and sorted it all out.

I also want to publiclly say that this was NOT BMT's fault and they made every effort to fix what happened. Weird technical crap happens to us all and what separates the wheat from the chaff is how you handle it. BMT handled it admirably. I've often evangelized BMT on this forum and I'll continue to do so. :) Thanks again, Thomas, for all your help.

10. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

Speaking of BMT, is Paypal available as a payment mode and are refunds or chargebacks still non-existent?

11. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Yes, plus they have Amazon payment, which is quite popular. Since they added it last year, many of my customers use it to order. I think I had less than 10 refund/chargebacks from BMT in 5 years which is incredible compared with... well, you know what... :D

12. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

I may consider them for my next game and see how it goes. It's such a hassle to set up the PP payment option on you-know-what that I don't get how it can be available by default on BMT.

13. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

You should have switched to BMT years ago.

14. frozax

Indie Author

This, with the "dormant account fee" made me left "you-know-what". But I chose esellerate instead of BMT (full explanation here: http://www.frozax.com/blog/2012/03/why-how-left-plimus-for-esellerate/)

15. Jack Norton

Indie Author

AFAIK, ANY other evendor has PP enabled by default on the card (esellerate, regnow, fastspring, etc). The only one that doesn't have it is ... :D So glad I moved all my games to BMT back in 2008, best decision I made. The more you delay, the worse it will be.

16. Frozen In Ice

Original Member Indie Author

frozax, from experience, keep your eyes open for fraud orders with esellerate. They used to also charge bandwidth if the item is downloaded from them. These two reasons alone had me stick with BMT.

17. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Ditto! I moved my games over to BMT in August 2011, and after moving, I wondered why I had waited so long. BMT is so much better!