Guns of Icarus Online Teaser (Indie MMO Coming Soon..ish)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by terin, Aug 12, 2011.

1. terin

Original Member

http://vimeo.com/27596349

[video=vimeo;27596349]http://vimeo.com/27596349[/video]

www.gunsoficarus.com (Oh and website's video may not be 100% working yet. Shhhh this is my stealth posting)

Co-op, multiplayer same ship, airship, combat. YOU GO BOOM.

Coming in 2012 and marketing by yours truly.

2. chaosavy

chaosavy New Member

trailer looks great, but I didn't see any in game footage or screen shots :(

3. Simon Tomlin

Simon Tomlin New Member

4. terin

Original Member

Guns of Icarus Online is different from Guns of Icarus, same general idea, but a much broader game obviously than the original "On rails" shooter.

It's purposefully vague :) It's too early to show much from the game its self... but if you look at the original Guns of Icarus, add in ability to control your ship, slow combat down a little, improve the graphics, make it multiplayer, and add in a "not quite as complex as eve" economy and world you'll have a rough idea of what we're up to :D

Oh and classes and lots of ship designs. Can't get away from that :)

5. Digital Entanglement

What kind of customization aspects will there be?

When you say "not quite as complex as EVE" do you mean that it will be approaching that, or not really in the same ballpark?

Will the player be able to switch out fittings and have a wide "unlimited" style of choices, or locked in classes?

Personally, if I were making a large multiplayer game, EVE and Guild Wars have both done wonders in showing the ease of combat balance when there are almost unlimited choices. You can avoid a lot of class balance issues by allowing people to switch setups "at will" (which may be a flying fortress or some such thing). I'd love to know more, but I know you have to keep your SEEK RATS :p

6. terin

Original Member

Economic complexity isn't 100% set in stone so I can't comment too much on it, only that it plans to be mostly player driven... but with less dull tasks than eve.

There are unlimited options for class setup and you (planned feature) can switch roles on the fly... like in Team Fortress 2... of course at any moment any player can do any of the tasks. I don't want to get too far into it yet :D All these secrets are too fun.

-Joe

7. vivianny

vivianny New Member

#7 vivianny, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013