GT Logo (wave 2)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by cyrus_zuo, Aug 12, 2005.

1. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo
    Expand Collapse

2. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

In my opinion, this batch resembles the first batch in that one logo (lower left this time) has a nice, readable font that pops off the page, while the rest do not.

I'd like to see the text of the lower left logo combined with the tunnel art in the upper right logo. I think that could be a winner.

3. Jim Buck

Jim Buck
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

Wow, I was going to say something almost exactly the same, except to combine the text of the lower left logo with the background dot art of the one in the middle right.. though combining with the upper right instead could look just as slick.

4. digriz

digriz
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

I like the top and bottom left logos. If push come to shove i'd say the bottom left too. That one would work better for banners too.

The top left one, has the letters a little bit to squashed together but with some minor modification to that, it would be my first choice instead.

Those two logos look professional too!

Hope this helps,
    Digriz.

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

Like Drake, I'd like the text of the bottom left logo combined with the tunnel dot art of the top left logo.

6. DGuy

DGuy
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

Same as Drake said: Lower Left Text w/ Upper Right Circles.

Just flip the circles vertically so you can see the opening of the tunnel above the word "Game".

7. soniCron

soniCron
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

I think the font of the bottom left plus the design of the bottom right is a winner.

8. Reactor

Reactor
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hmmm, not a big fan of any of those. If I had to mix and match, I'd go with DGuy.

9. Nexic

Nexic
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

Top right is my favourite, but it could do with having more readable text. Possibly combine lower left with it, as others mentioned.

10. Fost

Fost
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

Bottom left is very smart and stylish. I'd avoid any of the ones with round drops if you can, because it makes it very difficult to have nice linkbuttons.

Square stuff fits in things far more easily :)

11. DayDream

DayDream
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

I don't like either one of the new batch - as they don't say "game" in anyway and the tunnel idea is lost in some graphic shapes - could be used from racing teams to icecream but it's nothing gaming ralted imho.

12. Sillysoft

Sillysoft
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

I would take the top right and do the following:

- Adjust the tunnel image background so it looks more like a tunnel. Faux-3D or whatever, try and give it some depth. Have it look like the text is coming out of the tunnel.
    - Alter the font to be more readable (and maybe alter the shading and color of it also). Maybe move the 'tunnel' word to the left a bit.

13. Omega

Omega
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

I don't know why you are paying some random logo artists to create logos for you .... ;)

Also, each of those logos looks like it took 5 minutes to design. There is no logic or feeling or idea behing any of them. (No offense to the artists.) :eek:

#13 Omega, Aug 12, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  14. Christian

Christian
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

I was holding this since the first competition, but Omega said it for me, i totally agree with him, those logos dont communicate very well, they just look "swooshy" and shiny. Absolutelly no offense meant. :(

15. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo
    Expand Collapse

Two more from the person who made what was this forums favorite the first time (the top row from the old set of images)

Attached Files:

16. soniCron

soniCron
    Expand Collapse
    Indie Author

Whoa!

Whoa! That makes me dizzy! My vote is a resounding "NO!" :)

17. Omega

Omega
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

Make the Spiral in the 2nd new one to look more like a G, and remove the blurr effects. Though this might not add emotion or feeling of Game Tunnel in there, but at least, it won't make us dizzy. :D It does evoke the most emotion of any logo so far, though.

18. Ricardo C

Ricardo C
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

I kinda like them, but wouldn't it be better to make the "swirl" more solid and the "particles" blurrier? I agree with Sonicron's assesment of the current versions... Kinda dizzying.

19. Omega

Omega
    Expand Collapse
    Original Member

The problem with these logos is that they don't even apply to any business, never mind his. They are too generic. Yes, it's probably bad if your logo looks like, say, one for a flower shop, but at least it looks like SOMETHING. These logos look like nothing other than somebody being given an assignment to draw the words game tunnel around a big capital G, with different block/color variations. And, that's exactly what all the examples are! I wouldn't call any of them a logo. Just web header art.