Greetings, new to this place (writer).

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Wynnstigator, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Wynnstigator

Wynnstigator New Member

Hey folks, I Googled "indie gaming forums" and this place was near the top. It seems pretty good, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Anyway, I'm not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination. I'm actually a writer. Of stories. I have a story that needs to be made into an RPG. So I reckon I need to start trying to get in touch with some developers who have the programming skills, but are lacking the storyline side of things.

I'm not expecting any instant gratification on this front, but I gotta start somewhere. Might as well be here.

So yeah, see ya around sometime. Feel free to chat me up or message me if you're even remotely curious about anything. I'm here to talk with people and make contacts, after all.

2. ariking

ariking New Member

Could you elaborate on this plot or post a synopsis of it?

3. Wynnstigator

Wynnstigator New Member

I could, but I'm not really keen on sharing too many details publicly at this point. I don't want any of my ideas being stolen. Maybe that's a bit paranoid on my part, but I prefer to be cautious.

I will say that it has sci-fi elements and that one of my main sources of inspiration was Xenogears, with which the story shares some common themes. But it is very much its own unique animal as well.