Gratuitous Tank Battles Video

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cliffski, Oct 14, 2011.

1. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

There is at last a video of my next game: Gratuitous Tank Battles
    http://www.gratuitoustankbattles.com

The youtube vid is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtjlwFhMdM

mini screens:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GTB is planned for release Q1 2012. It's a tower defense/RTS/management game where you play as attacker or defender either against the PC, or against armies and units designed by other players.

enjoy!

2. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

3. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

My game will have a ton of stuff you dont get in normal tower defense, so I'm not worried about the mass of standard TD games :D

4. j0d1

j0d1 New Member

Hey cliffski, I loved Gratuitous Space Battles so I will play that one for sure!

I'm also making a tower defense. Do you have any tips on how to promote a TD? I think I have something which is "better than the freebies" but I really don't know where to start to reach my audience.

Thanks ;)

5. tolik

Original Member

Just wow. "Over the top TD." This is amazing - aftershock effects, particles, everything works in a perfect unison.
    PS Make sure to improve the palette (but not the art style) - the first two backgrounds on screenshots give B- class impression of an old budget strategy game.

6. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Why people compare it with flash TD games? there are plenty of TD games on Steam that made good money (Defense Grid, Orcs must Die, etc), so I really don't think the big amount of free flash TD has ANY impact (as long as your game is better than those free flash games!! lol)

7. electronicStar

Original Member

the game looks a bit dark to me. The colors seem to lack contrast