Got an idea and a limited budget?

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by Orymus, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Orymus

Orymus New Member

Hey there,

You've been trying to put together a project and are not sure where to get started or are stuck?

I specialize in helping indies bring their projects to market. In a nutshell, here's what I help with most of the time:
    • Programming: A first prototype / full game development
    • Crowdfunding: Kickstarter, Indie gogo, Patreon, and the likes
    • Publishing: Once you have some form of vertical slice, I might be able to find you a deal to keep development going
    • Distribution: Google Play / AppStore, Steam, FB GameRoom, etc.
    • Business Consulting: You just want advice and avoid the most costly pitfalls, or would like for me to review your work plan or project to maximize your chances of success and minimize the chances of going bankrupt. This can be cheap and painless and save you a lot of trouble down the road!
    I have a decade of experience in the video game industry both in-house and as a freelancer. I've taken Programmer, Producer, Product Owner, Designer and a bunch of other roles over the years. I've been around, and I've taken part in some highlights which I'm open to discussing (privately) however please note:

• I never take a job I don't think I can do perfectly. I value my reputation over quick cash and have a profound disrespect for people that have poor work ethic.

• I never take a job if I don't think the project has potential. I can be brutally honest, and I can be wrong, but I favor working on projects which I think will work out. Once I am committed though, I'll do everything in my power to see it through, so don't expect me to drop halfway.

• I do not ever consider rev-share / royalties / equity as a payment option on the first assignment. Once a prototype or vertical slice is created though, I'm open to negotiate terms to minimize production burden.

• I do not create false needs: Fear is not a good communication strategy, and has a lot more to do with the seller's needs than the buyer's goals. I'm not a 'salesman', and I take great pride in being honest about where it makes sense for me to help or not.

• I will not take on marketing assignments unless this is a side-job to a more involved role.
    I'm actually open minded, and a nice fellow, but I feel the above are worth mentioning to save both our time and avoid any clash midway through a project.

So if there's this one project you've been itching to bring to market but are not sure how to tackle the beast, hit me up, I'll be happy to take a look and let you know whether this is something I feel I can genuinely contribute to.

Cheers!