Google's App Engine?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Applewood, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Tobias

Indie Author

No, not with python. If you see slow response times with python then it's something else.

2. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Cool thanks for the info.

3. lakibuk

Indie Author

Yea, thanks. Friend's using Java.

4. mooflu

mooflu New Member

Well, there's no Java VM to start for Python :p:p ;)

It takes time to startup a new instance. Google sells Always On as a premium feature. It keeps 3 instances always running and you can avoid cold starts to some extend.

You can check the response time in the Dashboard logs. If it's a cold start it'll tell you:
    I found it may take up to 1.5 secs to start up one of my Python apps on a cold start.