Google Play Sales Tax/VAT Witholding

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by jkj yuio, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jkj yuio

jkj yuio New Member

Hi,

This is a VAT tax question.

I have asked tax professionals and they don't know!!

I sell apps through Google Play, i am UK VAT and MOSS registered, but Google play withhold _all_ my VAT both UK VAT and EU VAT (and now non-EU sales tax as well).

I file a UK VAT return and a UK MOSS return (because i also sell digital product outside of Google). These returns expect VAT to be due on the sales i declare;

**but the VAT has been withheld by Google** - which is their policy.

When i email Google, they don't reply.

Surely, this is a common situation for others developers. Is there some way to "opt out" of Goggle tax withholding.

Tax professional have told me i should, at least, receive the UK VAT so i can submit it as part of a standard UK VAT return. but this is not the case.

Does anyone really know how it should work.

thanks for any tips.