God Won't Bless America (shoot'em up)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by seccia, Jan 16, 2011.

1. seccia

seccia New Member

Hello,

I'm making a new 2D/3D shoot'em up game... God Won't Bless America!... distributed as Freeware

Here the video of the first version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNT2z95rwY

The official website:
    http://gwba.seccia.com

This game will be released in February.

Synopsis:

In the near future and during a half-century, the aliens will colonize the United States of America in order to establish a military base and a scientific research center.

They will eliminate the unfriendly forces that could screw up their project and will leave Earth to continue their galactic exploration.

Neither human technology, nor God will be able to protect America…

Alien Father

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

I like the death animation... It is awesome.

I dont like the shading on airforce one.... Ambient only? No diffuse?

Hmm... That title..... Is it to provoke? Trying To get sales through controversy?

Bram

3. Jim Buck

Indie Author

Yeah, it definitely either needs some kind of dynamic/directional lighting, or at least crank up the ambient.

Also, given the "America" in the title, I couldn't help but think the "boss" part of destroying the two buildings resembled a bit too much of 9/11 (in case that wasn't the intention..).

4. joe

joe
    Original Member

for a freeware game this looks absolutely stunning. seems like a lot of action and fun. the matrix-like effect when the player dies is GREAT!

5. desmasic

Original Member

Oh puhleeze! Everyone knows that Will Smith WILL save America and the world when the aliens attack.

*reads the premise*

So wait, they attack and destroy only America? So basically, rest of the world had to just not oppose them and wait for them to finish their super evil projects? *downloads to learn more* :p

6. Artinum

Original Member

Some might think this had already happened!

7. electronicStar

Original Member

I liked the change in perspective, more games need to do that.

8. Olofson

Original Member

Yeah, that's a nice effect!

Hmm... I'm not doing 3D - but I am using 3D acceleration... :)

9. EdMace

EdMace New Member

God Won't Bless America

Looks like a fun little game!! Has a bit of that Asteroids game feel to it. Good luck with it.

10. moshboy

Original Member

Not crazy about the graphical style (not really my type of game either) and looks a little monontonous in places but it looks like it has some nice touches. I'm guessing this game might offend some people at some point in time if it gets noticed at all.

11. GDI

GDI New Member

Apparently somebody didn't get the memo that 'Freedom Fries' are back to being called 'French Fries'.

But in any case, this is the kind of game I will welcome anytime. Looks to be a solid game, and it's not apologetic about anything. That's the point of freeware -- you're supposed to push anything that's not commercially viable.

+1 to furthering the art form.