Getting first 1000 downloads

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by rendell, Oct 26, 2016.

1. rendell

rendell New Member

How do I promote or market my new android game? Need Help. This is knida my first game: https://goo.gl/IA4Vkq

#1 rendell, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  2. GotCybered

GotCybered New Member

Hi there,

So, I've been there. (And still am!) I recently got my game out to the public, and been getting slow reactions. Luckily! There is a way to solve this! At least, my way! I'll share it.

Really the best thing to do, Is go to YouTube, and search for some small youtubers. (100-1000 subs maybe!) That do mobile games, perhaps. I see a lot! But just comment on their video, or message them! And ask them to try out you're game. It may be the best thing for me, but this is just a suggestion.

Post you're link anywhere to gain attraction. (IndieDB, Gamejolt, etc.) Facebook is one way, If you have family and friends, try them! They seem like they could help. Any social media attraction is the best thing.

That's the best way.

idurvesh likes this.
  3. 3ph0r

I agree with GotCybered. YouTube is one of the most, if not the most powerful tool for marketing. Although I would avoid commenting on one of their videos though, it will just be ignored! its just spam.
    Its best to find an email address or message them directly and tell them about your game in a professional manner. Don't start it saying something like "Hi, I'm a [insert age here] year old developer. if you like shooting games please checkout my game ". Also make sure that you don't just write a generic message to copy and paste it to a loads of youtubers. Make the message unique and personal to the youtuber. They probably get spammed all the time buy all the "Up and coming" developers. So make yourself standout!

Make sure you have photos, a video or something and show that you are a serious developer. This will improve your chances

Good luck! :)

idurvesh and GotCybered like this.
  4. idurvesh

idurvesh New Member

GotCybered likes this.
  5. Alex Max

Alex Max New Member

Promo android app promotion team!

Promo works thousands of affiliated real users who dedicate their devices to your application. Guaranteed high quality services!
    If you aren't sure promo is right for you Try Free Trial!

WHY PROMO?

* Satisfaction Guaranteed
    * Lowest Price Guaranteed
    * High Retention Downloads ( At least 1 Year)
    * USA Geo-targeting - The most demanded market in the world!
    * Top Valid Reviews.

Best way to ranked up your amazing app/game on play store.

Start Today: Visit Promo Android App Installs