Getting 32 independent audio channels out of a game engine

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Miszka0112, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Miszka0112

Miszka0112 New Member

I am an audio researcher developing new audiovisual technologies and currently interested in new applications for games, especially in areas of VR arcades, large immersive spaces, 360 degree installations and even escape rooms.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get 32 independent channels (or more) of audio output in real-time from a game engine like Unity that can be spatially mapped to XY coordinates of virtual objects in a screen, or the XYZ coordinates for a spatial enclosure, when most game engines only allow for fixed pre-defined output formats such as stereo, 5.1 or 7.1.

I have an executive summary of the technology online at (the link also includes my email address): http://bit.ly/pixelphonics

Thanks,

M