General game development question

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by waspish, Mar 30, 2018.

1. waspish

waspish New Member

Hello I am new to this forum! I first want to say, Thank you to all who are willing to help others with our little problems!

So I know this is kind of a basic question but I have had a hard time finding a good answer to it.

I have the beginnings of a game worked out... i.e. a basic working inventory, player movement, basic enemy AI, a simple dialog system, basic scenery. What I want to know is how to go about taking the Idea in my head and really start to flesh it out.... I'm not sure where to even begin... the story isnt really the hard part, its taking all the basic systems and turning them into a cohesive system that works with the story. any suggestions and or help is most appreciated.

2. WildG

WildG New Member

Hey.
    What kind of game are you making? What platform it going to run in?
    We can chat about it if you like. I'm not the most experienced person but I might be able to point you somewhere. :)
    Cheers

3. waspish

waspish New Member

Its an action RPG and i'm working in game maker studio.

4. Gameicreate

Gameicreate New Member

What are the models used to making money in gaming business?