Gear Face, Inc.

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by keethrus, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

LOLOL

Now THAT's scary ;)

2. Andy

Original Member

Anthony, crazy?! :eek:
    Amount of children are game developing as well! :D

Guys, let we agree that original was as minimum kind of "cheesy" - look what amound of feedback it arised. So I suppose that may be everything is not so bad with it.

#22 Andy, Sep 25, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  3. oNyx

Original Member

I like botman's (lower left) variation most.

The original one looks indeed scary... it's very similar to these halloween pumpkins actually. However, imo it's pretty good and recognizable, but most likely it's a bit too "evil" (as the others have already pointed out).

4. Sillysoft

Indie Author

I also like botman's lower left one. It reminds me of South Park...

5. tentons

Indie Author

It appears that gear-related things are all the rage, as my logo sports one too. :)

6. lexaloffle

Indie Author

7. elund

Indie Author

Gearhand? Now that's a name with some oomph! :p Everybody should have gears in their company names, that's just bloody common sense, people...

8. keethrus

Original Member

Now all we need is a "gearfoot.com" game company, and we'd have a big gear family. :)

Seriously, I'm either thinking about changing the eyes and mouth to make it "fun and cute and cartoony", or just leave him his crazy self. On one hand I'm thinking, "Having a scary logo is not good for selling games to children", but on the other hand I'm thinking, "Having a 'scary' but cool logo can make it memorable and get the business brand in people's brains". Hmm .. . As I'm going to be releasing a non-game related encryption application under Gear Face (it was an intern project of mine that I've put under my company name) really soon I need to decide quickly! :eek:

- Jeremiah "the guy with the scary logo" Martell