GameTunnel kicks off Game of the Year Awards

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cyrus_zuo, Dec 11, 2007.

1. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

#1 cyrus_zuo, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  2. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Cool! How about breaking Casual Game of the year into categories? e.g. Puzzle, Hidden Object, Card Games (I have a vested interest in this category ;-)), Unique etc...After all Casual is a vast category.

3. papillon

Indie Author

Yeah, but GameTunnel generally tries not to put too much focus on casual... genre-specific casual game awards might be better suited to an all-casual site rather than one that's still at least half trying to promote 'indie'? :)

4. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

Yeah, I leave the real Casual awards to Joel over at GameZebo. Had through about doing a casual site on the side, but I don't even have time for GT!

So the casual awards on GT will be the Indie casual awards...mostly games that were ignored by the masses, but have that Indie touch to them. So no MCF, Mortimer Beckett, Build-a-Lot or Diner Dash, though it would be fun to do those awards too...especially since I play most everyone of those games at work and enjoy many of them.

I'll probably do a casual games of the year list in the Reflexive blog near the end of the year :).

5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

yep, fair enough. I figured that would be the case. I'll checkout the blog on Reflexive.

6. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

*buys a bumper box of fake eyebrows, and raises every one @ the winner* o_O

7. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

8. Ryan Clark

Indie Author

Wow; awesome! We're very excited to see PFMM in the list!

It's also great that Chocolate Castle got the nod; we here at Grubby Games are Lexaloffle fanboys.

9. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

Double-yeay on Chocolate Castle and PFMM. Great games for the year - and congrats to Lexagrubbysoft :). I haven't played some of the others yet but will try. I love these end of year lists to catch up on things you might have missed.

10. lexaloffle

Indie Author

Ace! I'm chuffed that CC made it in. And with good company too, I see.

BTW, that's not how you combines word with lexaloffle -- it should be 'Lexagrubble'.

11. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

I like the sound of that.

Lexagrubble presents "Professor Fizball in the Chocolate Zen Garden"

It's about time we got some Indie Crossover-games going. ;)

(actually, I had hoped to incorporate all sorts of indie cameos into Wonderland Adventures, e.g. Best Friends' Petey and Patty showing up in the arctic regions.... but that was one of the many features that had to be cut to keep development time reasonable.)

12. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

:( I'd love to see some indie cross-over stuff.

A few years ago I'd talked with some devs about doing a prank news release on April 1 for a game called 'Indie Super Stars.'

A fighting game that featured Gish, Wik, Snowy, Bouapha, Professor Fizzwizzle, Beethro and others. Each with their own special moves.

Of course it was to be fictious fun to draw attention to Indie games. Unfortunately, I didn't find the time to talk to everyone and put things together, and it's now really past it's day, but I greatly enjoyed the idea :). Would love to see more in-humor!

13. papillon

Indie Author

(If anyone wants a cameo appearance of one of my characters in something I'm probably agreeable, although if you do Cute Knight vs Aveyond, The Naked Oil Wrestling Version!!! I'm going to demand a cut.)

14. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

15. DrWilloughby

Indie Author

*pumps fist*, *takes day off*, *smiles*

VERY VERY genuine thanks, Russ.

16. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Oooh I did well :D Cheers Russ!

17. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Yay! congrats guys, *very* well done and well deserved!

18. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

19. Josh Jensen

Josh Jensen New Member

I haven't had time to pop in here for a few weeks now, and I find Pathstorm on the Casual Game of the Year list! Thanks not only for this but the Game Tunnel review earlier this year, too.

20. Pi Eye Games

Indie Author

Ha, I knew all those hours playing RType and Nemesis in the arcades would pay off in the end ... wait till I tell my mum :p

Thank you Russ for such a positive end to 2007!