GameSavant.

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by etali, Mar 30, 2005.

1. etali

Original Member

I found this on a press release site a few days ago.

http://www.gamesavant.com

They publish CDs with compilations of games / game demos monthly - users subscribe to get a CD of games posted out to them.

Not sure what the terms are for developers but they provide an email address if anyone wants to get in touch with them.

Just thought you guys might be interested in them as another way to promote your games.

2. Bmc

Bmc New Member

that guy posts here

3. etali

Original Member

Wow, small world.

Sorry about that, just remembered the place and thought it would be useful.

4. Savant

Original Member

Hi. :)

Yeah, the CD compilation is the first stage of what our ultimate goal is. The second stage, the HTML database, is underway as we speak.

I think it's a great way for indies to get their demos spread around a little more than they might be right now. CDs are easily shareable items and very collectable if you're into that sort of thing. One of the best things about them is that they are durable. Someone might find that CD a few months from now and decide to try another game (or an old game they uninstalled) off of it - something that won't happen if they just download a few demos and uninstall them after they get bored.

The amazing response to the press release tells me that people are NOT finished with receiving CDs in this day and age and don't want to download everything all the time.

5. aiosup

Original Member

Good idea, anyway :D