Games about fighting cancer

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Shaz, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Shaz

Moderator Original Member

I've just received a request from a friend who works at a hospital, who's trying to get hold of games that can teach patients what's going on inside their bodies when they're battling or recovering from cancer.

I found a few discussions here, and a few elsewhere, but I figured some of you may know of one or two others as well. Here's the kind of thing he's looking for:

Oh, so re-reading, it may not necessarily have to be about cancer, but possibly other types of illness as well.

2. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

geez, I'd tread lightly and respect. Personally if I'm fighting for my life I don't want somebody to give me a pac-man game. Unless it's a really damn good pac-man game but, really, give me a strategy wargame so if I'm down to last days and I'm gaming then at least I'm spending them as best I can.

3. Allen Varney

Original Member

Though it's only eight years old, your friend may be thinking of Ben's Game, created on behalf of the Make-a-Wish Foundation. It seems not to have been updated since 2004.

The game targets young children, so it's not crazy to imagine something like this helping them through a tough time.

4. Shaz

Moderator Original Member

I did find a reference to Ben's Game, but I couldn't get a link. Thanks for that.