GameInstitute

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by moonpxi, Aug 28, 2004.

1. moonpxi

Original Member

I am curious at what you, folks, think of the GameInstitute. Have any of you took a lesson there??

I never had any sort of virtual classes, so I was sort of curious...

2. Cartman

Indie Author

I've taken three courses through them. I can say it's well worth the money. i took the math one, 3d graphics with DX8 and the one they had a few years ago on C++ for game developers. Both excellent classes. I found the math class was much better than any books I had found and it was presented in a much easier to understand format.

The materials are very good and well written by some of the best authors out there.

I did find that they were a little slow about adding new curiculum, but I see that they have recently upgraded it.

3. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

I took the math one as well, and agree it was solid. A bit of a review mind you, but math was not one of those classes I cared about much in high school. 'Cause cmon', why learn math when I can code games? :).

There's a game physics course too taught by the same guy who wrote the "Game Physics for Game Developers" book, which I must say is one of the best written game physics books for learning (best one I own at least).