Game Programmers Needed (Volenteer Project)

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Emv2005, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Emv2005

Emv2005 New Member

Hi! My friends and I want to make games, our first game is gonna be a Sonic fan game called "Super Sonic Brawlers". It's a 2D Sonic fighting game, we need some people that know how to program and what engines are best to use (or custom made engines but let's not go too far). The game uses sprite sheets, so if someone could help me and my friends achieve our dreams of making games for free we'd REALLY appreciate it! Thanks to advanced!

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray New Member

Try Godot engine – https://godotengine.org/

It's free and open-source and has an awesome new 3.0 version in the works that improves a lot of features. It uses a scripting language very similar to Python which is very easy to learn. It already has everything in place for handling the gameplay of a brawler – collisions, spritesheet animation, z-ordering, animation players (so you can easily turn collision boxes on/off when someone is attacking).

I was able to get a rough scrolling beat-em-up demo working in a matter of hours and my coding skills are practically non-existent.

It's unlikely anyone here will code a game for you but there's plenty of people that can offer help and advice if you get stuck, so long as you have an honest attempt at it yourself.