Game Maker Studio Vs ........

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by minthiha, Aug 11, 2012.

1. minthiha

minthiha New Member

I want to ask one. Should I start with Game Maker Studio for mobile. I have experience with Game Maker 8 and 8.1. So give me any advice should I start with Game Maker Studio or other SDK like Marmalade, Unity, Flash, Cocos2D and etc. I want to start an indie game studio with an artist. Thank you ...

2. Octopod

Original Member

IMHO Maybe one interesting start would be for you to take a look at these technologies and ask you what is your goal (a specific game idea? creating a studio? making money?) and then between all those technologies decide which one fits your needs.
    "What's your plan" wight guide you better than people explaining the pro/cons of each possible choice. Don't you think ?
    So what's your goal ?

EDIT : you may be interested with this thread : http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?30479-Mobile-Cross-Platform-Development

3. minthiha

minthiha New Member

Thanks bro, I want to start a small studio with my brother, an artist and want to sell these game at Apps store and other mobile store. I want to make for mobile only, so I want to start with my expert tool Game Maker Studio. Should I start with it. I'm also good skill in C++. It is suitable for other SDK. What I choice for my studio?....

4. Nexic

Indie Author

You answered your own question. If you like working with Game Maker and fulfils your needs, then use Game Maker.